How Coffee Can Benefit Your Skin!Posted by Maddalena Petromilli on
Time for a pick me up? Whether you’re a caramel macchiato lover or a black coffee enthusiast, you’ll be ecstatic to know your daily cup of joe can do more than just provide an energy boost for your long day ahead.
While most people enjoy their coffee in the form of a drink, coffee has also been shown to provide great results for the skin. Coffee contains a rich assortment of antioxidants like polyphenols and flavonoids which have the ability to fight off free radicals and sun rays that can cause damage to your skin barrier.
While drinking a cup of coffee can provide those products internally, having it infused into your skincare products can allow you to achieve those benefits directly to your skin.
What else can coffee do for your skin?
- Depuff: Ingredients in coffee such as chlorogenic acid and melanoidins have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness, puffiness, and irritation on your skin. It can also help soothe conditions like acne, rosacea, and eczema.
- Brighten your skin: The caffeine in coffee can help improve blood flow to your skin, which can make it look brighter and more even-toned. It can also help reduce the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
- Fights signs of aging: Coffee is rich in antioxidants, which can help prevent damage to the skin from free radicals, which can lead to wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. Additionally, caffeine can help tighten and firm the skin by boosting blood flow, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Moisturizes the skin: Coffee also contains essential oils that can help hydrate and nourish your skin. This can help prevent dryness, flakiness, and other skin issues.
- Exfoliate: Coffee grounds make an excellent natural exfoliant. When applied to the skin, they can help remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and reveal smoother, brighter skin.
Luckily for you, our Navigli line incorporates all of these benefits. Check out our purifying mask, serum and eye treatment to begin seeing these improvements in your skincare routine!